Volunteers are welcome here!
We love our volunteers! As a 501c3 charitable organization, BCCA relies on volunteers to fulfill its mission. By volunteering your time, you can help us meet the needs of older adults. Please contact us to learn more, or stop in to say "Hi!"
Regular Volunteer Opportunities (Call 815-544-9893):
- Greeter: Welcome guests, assist with screening & sign-in, distribute information, and direct guests as needed.
- Meals-on-Wheels Delivery: Deliver meals to older, homebound individuals.
- Friends of KAC Member: Meet regularly to plan activities and fundraisers for Keen Age Center (KAC).
- Newsletter Production: Prepare newsletters for mailing.
- Computer Lab Helper: Share computer skills and teach others new technology.
- Medical Car Driver: Escort clients to medical appointments in Rockford area using one of BCCA's medical cars
(Call Shirley in Transportation 815-975-9059)
Special Volunteer Opportunities (Watch for updates in our Newsletter):
- Share a talent or special hobby by teaching a class or leading a program.
- Decorate the Keen Age Center for the seasons.
- Assist with income tax preparation after receiving AARP & IRS training and passing the test.
- Host the BCCA Pavilion at Boone County Fair.
Please volunteer! You will be given a tour and introduced to staff during a personal interview. Training for volunteers and linkage to appropriate volunteer responsibilities will be provided.
Contact Cecilia Hernandez for more information about volunteering.