We are here to meet the needs of older people.
The Boone County Council on Aging is dedicated to all older adults and their caregivers by reaching out with programs to help enrich and improve their quality of life. The goal of our comprehensive service planning is to assist individuals to enable them to live independently, as long as appropriate, with emphasis on meeting the needs of frail, vulnerable older persons. To that end, we offer a wide variety of services and programs, including public transportation, medical car escort, nutrition programs, outreach, in-home care, computer lab, information and assistance, education, recreation, and volunteer opportunities.
We believe in you!
- We believe adults increase in value as they age.
- We believe growing older is an opportunity to thrive, have a purpose, and make a positive impact on our community.
- We believe older adults have earned our reverence, our time, and our attention.
Board of Directors
Boone County Council on Aging is overseen by a 12 member Board of Directors. Terms are 3 years each. Members may serve a maximum uninterrupted period of three terms. Three members are appointed by the City of Belvidere, Belvidere Township and the Boone County Board respectively; the remaining 9 are appointed volunteers from the community. Interested individuals are required to submit a resume and request for consideration as a member of the board, and are appointed by vote of the current members of the board.
- Darrel Davis - President
- Jeanine Woyner - Vice President
- Kathy Taylor - Secretary
- James Cox - Treasurer
- Penny Billman - At Large
- Amy Gallano - At Large
- Maria Gonzalez - At Large
- Kathy Grover - Belvidere Township Appointee
- Andy Racz - At Large
- Maren Sanders - At Large
- Steve Schabacker - Boone County Appointee
- Clayton Stevens - City of Belvidere Appointee
We receive outside funding so we can provide programs and services at low or no cost to the older adults of Boone County. We raise funds through federal, state, and municipal grants, foundation grants, corporate and individual donations, fundraising events, and more. Please contact us if you would like more information about funding sources.