Need a little help to stay at home? With support from Illinois Department on Aging's Community Care Program, our in-home caregivers are specially trained to provide loving care. They are background checked, fingerprinted, and bonded for your safety.
- Household cleaning chores
- Meal preparation
- Shopping and errands
- Personal care such as grooming and bathing
Home Care Assistants are not trained to provide medical care, but can escort clients to doctor appointments using our public transportation services.
Services are free to eligible older adults, and Mercyhealth at Home determines eligibility as follows:
- Age 60+
- Resident of Boone County
- United States Citizen
- Physically in need of services
- Within the asset requirements
5 steps to obtaining in-home care:
- Call us (815-544-9893) and speak to Cindy or Amber OR call Mercyhealth at Home (815-971-3502).
- A visit in your home will be arranged to assess your needs and see if you are eligible for the program.
- A Mercyhealth at Home case worker will refer you to an agency providing care (that's us!).
- We will contact you and set up an appointment to visit you in your home. All aspects of the program will be shared with you at that time and a schedule for in-home care established.
- Service by one of our Home Care Assistants will begin!
|Amber, CCP Assistant|