Transportation provides access to jobs, shopping, doctors, and more.
Call us for a ride: 815-975-9059
Bus rides are available to all residents of Boone County regardless of age. Door-to-door service and connections with RMTD are available. Donations are accepted for those age 60+ and low-cost for everyone else. Drivers will assist riders over 60 and those with disabilities by unloading groceries and carrying to the door.
Medical Escort Car
Available to assist with medical rides to adjoining counties, a Medical Escort will drive you to your appointment and stay until you are ready to return home. Fare is $1 per mile and reservations are required. Call for details: 815-975-9059.
Keep reading for more information and to prepare for your ride!
- Transportation service is available to all residents of Boone County regardless of age.
- Buses are equipped with lifts for wheel-chairs.
- Door-to-door services are provided on a demand-response basis.
- Transportation is available Monday through Friday between 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM.
- Connect with Rockford Mass Transit District - Call for details: 815-975-9059.
- Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children age 3 and under must have a car seat.
- Riders ages 12-59 $2.00 per trip
- Children (under 12 years) $1.00 per trip
- Adults 60 years and over Donations gratefully accepted.
How To Pay For Your Fare:
- Pay on the day of your ride, exact fare or by ticket. (Note: Drivers do NOT have change.)
- Purchase tickets in advance from Boone County Council on Aging at the Keen Age Center - 2141 Henry Luckow Ln, Belvidere.
- Buy a single ticket or a 20-Ride punch card (with one additional ride FREE!)
- Tickets make great gifts.
How To Schedule Your Ride:
- Call 815-975-9059 at least one day in advance to request a ride.
- Voice & TTY - Use TTY or dial 711 to be connected to a TRS operator.
- Our dispatchers will ask for your name, address, destination, time of appointment and if you will need special assistance.
Transportation is CLOSED when Boone County Council on Aging is closed due to inclement weather, and these holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Good Friday
- Memorial Day
- Fourth of July
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Friday
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day
Medical Escort Car is available to assist with medical rides to adjoining counties. A medical Escort will drive you to your appointment and stay with you until you are ready to return home.
Fare is $1 per mile.
This service requires a minimum of one week notice. Schedule your ride as soon as possible because availability of the medical car is limited.