- It improves work/school performance of the clients' families as a result of the peace of mind, from knowing that caring people are available to help their loved ones.
- It promotes better concentration on the job, better attendance and greater productivity as a benefit of the dependable care that is available.
- It allows older adults to remain in their homes for as long as they wish, reducing the costs for long-term care.
- It encourages active adults to fully contribute to the community through volunteerism.
- It provides information and support to older adults so that they may remain strong, healthy and able to fully participate in the communities where they live.
- It builds up individuals and that can only make our communities stronger.
What some of Keen Age Center's clients and their families think:
"Having a family and a full time job . . . I could have never survived without the help of the Community Care workers from the Boone County Council on Aging . . . when I became the sole caretaker of my elderly mother . . .we tried to keep her independently living in her own apartment and the CCP workers treated her with kindness and respect . . .Their transportation program saved me hours of work and assured me of Mother's safety when she had to travel whether it be in the beginning for groceries and then for doctor's appointments . . . many thanks to them." S.A.
"I receive your newspaper (Good News for Keen Agers) every month and the work that your are involved with is very valuable to the community and to the elderly people that you help. You are making life more enjoyable for the people that use your facilities. It gives them a chance to meet new people and make new friends. It also gives them something to look forward to next week and next month. I always feel welcome when I come to the Center. The care and services that you provide for the elderly unable to enjoy a full and active life is excellent." E.A.
Gifting Opportunities to Keen Age Center - Your Help Is Needed!
You are part of this vital vision for older adults; the success of continued services in this beautiful building is dependent on your financial support.
You may give:
- Pledges for multiple years
- Cash Gifts
- Gifts in-kind
- Gifts in your will or trust
- Gifts for Recognition engraved according to your desired inscription
The opportunity to make a gift to the Boone County Council on Aging is a wonderful way to honor, memorialize or "gift" someone special. The following contribution options are available, not only to recognize that memorable person, but to support the Keen Age Center as well. Your gift, regardless of size, is truly a "gift that keeps on giving" - in so many ways!
We have a wide variety of opportunities to support the Boone County Council on Aging - inscribable bricks and tiles, "The Tree of Life", the Civilian Memorial, and the Military Arch Wall - all wonderful ways to show your own support of BCCA or to recognize or remember someone special while supporting the BCCA at the same time.
Of course, if you prefer to have your gift remain private, your check or cash gift is always appreciated, and your confidentiality will be honored.
- $100 - Brick edging the interior side of the sidewalk surrounding the building.
- $300 - Brick on each side of the front door
- $400 - Two areas in the Boone County Memorial Gardens from which to choose: Military Arch Wall or the Civilian Memorial
- $500 - 12 inch square Italian tiles in the front door vestibule floor with expansion of additional tiles into the main hallway of the center.
- $300 to $999 - Brass Leaf on the Tree of Life
- $1,000 - Bronze Leaf on the Tree of Life
- $1,500 - Smaller Glass Block in our entry way Donar Wall
- $1,001 - $2,999 - Silver Leaf on the Tree of Life
- $3,000 - Large Glass Block in the beautiful entry way curved Donor Wall
- $5,000 - Boone County Memorial Garden Bench with oak leaf relief bronze-plated recognition - great for club or organization contribution to Boone County
- $15,000 - Etched Glass Transom Recognition
We encourage you to visit the center and make a gift, or you can download our Inscribed Gifting Opportunities Form, and Make A Difference! Please contact BCCA at 815-544-9893.