Linda, Assistant to the Supervisor
The Boone County Council on Aging is a service provider for the Community Care Program and is overseen by the Illinois Department on Aging.
What Is the Community Care Program
In-Home Care provided by the Boone County Council on Aging offers Home Care Assistants to enable older persons to remain in their own homes. Some older adults need extra help with cleaning, shopping, laundry, personal care, and/or meal preparation in order to stay in their homes. It is important to know that this is an assistance program designed to keep seniors active but giving extra help as needed. The Community Care Program does not provide medical care. There is no cost for the program. MercyHealth at Home determines eligibility for this program.
What does a Home Care Assistant Do?
Home Care Assistants will assist the clients with:
- Housekeeping such as floor care, cleaning the kitchen and bathroom, dusting, vacuuming, making the bed, changing bed linens,
- Meal preparation and meal planning.
- Grocery shopping and prescription pick-up.
- Personal care such as bathing, grooming and dressing.
What Are The Eligibility Requirements?
You are eligible for Community Care Program Services if:
- You are age 60 or older
- You are determined physically in need of service, meaning you are at least moderately impaired
- You are a resident of the State of Illinois
- You are a United States citizen, or a legal alien
- You meet the asset requirements, which will be explained to you when the Case Manager comes to your home.
What Are The Steps To Receiving In-Home Care?
- Call for a referral: You can call The Boone County Council on Aging (815-544-9893) and speak to Cindy, Community Care Supervisor or Linda, Assistant to the Supervisor. Or you can call MercyHealth at Home (815-971-3502).
- A Case Manager from Mercyhealth At Home will make an appointment to visit you in your home for an assessment of your needs and to see if you are eligible for the program.
- The Case Manager will refer you to an agency such as the Boone County Council on Aging.
- Cindy, Community Care Supervisor, will contact you and set up an appointment to visit you in your home. All aspects of the program will be shared with you at that time.She will set up your schedule.
- Once your schedule is set a Home Care Assistant will be assigned to you and begin service.
For more information, Contact Boone County Council on Aging at 815-544-9893 (Voice and TTY) and ask for Cindy, Community Care Supervisor or Assistant Supervisor Linda.